Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wendy's is waaaay overdue

It's about time Wendy's started looking for a new ad agency! According to the AP and BusinessWeek, the company is "reevaluating its advertising and advertising and marketing stratey," which has been driven lately by KBP (kirshenbaum bond + partners). The campaign is so schizo and outrageously aspirational. "Its waaaay better than fast food?" No, I'm sorry. You ARE just fast food. And you're not even the best - you are number three. And spelling it with 4 a's makes it even worse. (However, I do occasionally crave your fries and a frosty to dip them in).

I remember in Boulder I heard this one radio commercial so many times that I wanted to rip my radio out of the car, and then run over it repeatedly. It sounded like they recycled it from 1952 and included retroish writing gems such as "peppy little dynamos" and "no one wants to spend the day in blahsville."

The ads are all over the place, like the aftermath of a watermelon dropped off the balcony of a penthouse apartment. Threeconomics here, Frosty boys there and wannabe gourmet everywhere else.



No sir, I do not want to get 'frosty' with you.





Whyyyy is the type all skewed? It irks me.

There's waaaay more where this came from on the Wendy's website.

I do have to give a few props to the agency website, though. I think they do some cool stuff for other brands.

No comments: