Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Chicken, The Egg, or Social Networking?

Whoa, whoa, whoa.
WHOA!
Since when could you start recording videos through YouTube?



I saw this little button when I was uploading this completely random video I found buried within my hard drive from my days on the squad (sidenote: why are cheerleaders the only ones on a 'squad' when pretty much every other athlete is considered part of a 'team?').



Anyways, I was pretty sure this wasn't possible a few months when Aron & I concepted and submitted our future lions campaign idea for Hallmark which included mass video greeting cards on which you can upload yourself instantly.




But when I investigated further, I got stuck in YT limbo, clicking on the same two links a few times before I figured it out it wasn't going to work...Is it not functioning because I'm on a Mac or because I need to register for/download something or is it just plain not functional yet?




Can anyone enlighten me on this subject?

I ran into a similar scenario recently when I was simultaneously posting a tweet on my iPhone and driving (was technically in the backseat at the time - not literally driving) from home in South Carolina back down to Miami. I was suddenly inspired and posted this:

"Just crossed the border into Georgia! I want to invent a roadtwip app using twitter and gps/google maps!" 12:11 PM Jun 17th from TwitterFon

And out of nowhere someone replied to that tweet last week:

"KurtyD@sevenmir your roadtwip sounds fun. check out what we did http://roadtwip.us/bk.html c'mon!1:14 AM Jun 29th from web"



It's exactly the same name. I mean I guess it's not THE most original thought ever, but still. The internet is so incestuous.

1 comment:

mingmui said...

sad. i wish i knew how to help you. it's worked for me before. i think it came out...hmmm...when i posted my last vid in may it already had it. i don't know how much earlier it appeared tho. you have enabled webcam and everything?