Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Coraline

My last post was fun and airy.
My latest one
may seem a bit scary.
This website promotes Coraline,
Which is coming to theaters
in a very short time.


Check out the website. I like how simple the interaction is: Drop buttons over your eyes. That's it.
Here's the latest trailer:


The movie is based on Neil Gaiman's international & New York Times best-selling children's novel of the same name (released in 2002). The film is a combination of stop-motion and 3D graphics. It's been in a painstaking production for the past three years and a lot of the sets are handmade.



The main character is voiced by Dakota Fanning and is directed by Henry Selick, who did the Nightmare Before Christmas. It makes me think of a more modern, darker version of Alice in Wonderland. So of course I want to see it when it comes out next month!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Ewww! You look weird with button eyes!!!