Saturday, February 14, 2009

V is for Vile

Why do people celebrate this day? I've never seen the significance of it although I came close to celebrating it one year in college when I gave my boyfriend a box of Franzia and superman boxers. He wasn't 21 yet and we had some inside joke about the superhero that I don't even remember now.
I mean really, if there was a half-naked guy running around shooting arrows at people, I'm pretty sure he would be arrested and charged with multiple felonies. The holiday is also prejudice against diabetics.
It's totally a conspiracy collaboration between candy companies, florists, and makers of sappy crap everywhere. The only thing I like about this "holiday" are those little conversation hearts that everyone else thinks taste like chalk.
I found a great interactive ecard that combines my ironic love for candy hearts and my hate for the occasion that created them.
However, I think some ecards says it best!







1 comment:

Gabriel31687 said...

I agree. I'm gonna post my picture up about my true valentines feelings. The e-cards are awesome. I'll wait for the drunk texts from my exs in my inbox tonight.