Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Five

I re-realized that Five gum is a pretty cool brand. I'm actually chewing a piece of Rain right now after Pam called me out on having falafel breath.



I think they did a great job of launching the brand a few years ago in a super-saturated & commoditized market. The packing alone stands out, very innovative and well-designed. Even down to the texture detail on the front.

Then the commercials are out of control! I want to be in all of them for real. Why is it called five? Well the brilliant tagline is "Stimulate Your Senses." Obviously the first is taste, and the flavor lasts suprisingly long. Sight is next because the packaging is so pretty. Touch, because of the texture and you interact with the packaging. Smell because it makes your breath smell better (thanks, Pam!) and whatever gum I have in it determines what my purse smells like. And sound? Umm, I guess I can hear myself chew and the wrapper makes a crinkly sound when you crunch it up?

I would bet the creatives on this account at AMV BBDO London/Energy BBDO Chicago are fans of The Matrix. (This agency was second on my Internship QA list after DDB, which pulled out. Now I wish even more that I put it as my first choice instead).






1 comment:

mingmui said...

i think the packaging for 5 is amazing too! and nice job finding all the ads. i'd never seen them before.