Saturday, August 15, 2009

Madness

...is the one word that pretty much sums up my whole life right now, but mostly in a good way. I've been averaging 60-something hours a week at the agency on at least five different clients and my weekends have been and are being booked solid. I'm actually at the agency right now. It's so different with no one here. It's raining like crazy and I rode my bike here so I have to wait for it to stop before I can go home and eat some dinner.

Anyways, yesterday a bunch of us dressed up in our best retro skits, suits & ties to honor the third season of Mad Men, which premiers tomorrow night on AMC! It was swell, and we hit up a piano bar here on Lincoln afterwards where I may have had one too many martinis. But hey, it's not like i could drink beer dressed up like that!




I also saw this link tweeted a few times today. Fastcompany has this interesting little slideshow paralleling real life advertising in the 60's to what Sterling-Cooper references on the show. LOVE that beetle campaign by DDB that revolutionized creative advertising!




And don't forget to take the Quiz on AMC's website to find out which character you are! I discovered my inner Betty Draper.

No comments: