Monday, October 13, 2008

animal anomaly

ok i really had to repost this (thanks to mm and wooster collective). it is so something i wish i had thought of when brainstorming for that NOAH commercial in hamburg last quarter.
the village pet store and charcoal grill is another stroke of genius by banksy that is right up my vegetarian/ animal-advocacy alley. according to the guerilla artist himself,
“New Yorkers don’t care about art, they care about pets. So I’m exhibiting them instead. I wanted to make art that questioned our relationship with animals and the ethics and sustainability of factory farming, but it ended up as chicken nuggets singing. I took all the money I made exploiting an animal in my last show and used it to fund a new show about the exploitation of animals."

here are a few pictures to pique your curiosity, but you really have to check out the website.





No comments: