Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Virgin Test

I'm finally done with the Gymboree campaign that my group and I have been working on for 10 weeks at Crispin! So, what better way to celebrate this finish than blogging about their latest campaign?

This campaign of course, is the Whopper Virgins. It's a very interesting twist on the classic rivalry-inspired taste test, but I'm not completely sure how I feel about it. It definitely generates publicity (a CP+B always likes to do). I saw some stuff posted online by very pissed-off people.

I guess I'm torn. It's a novel concept, but considering that fast food is one of the big contributors of the American obesity epidemic, it's not particularly a part of our culture that I would want to share with the rest of the world. I mean, I don't even eat burgers, myself, being a vegetarian. I would have loved to travel to Thailand, Iceland and Romania, though. Note to self: When I get a job at a big ad agency, think of a campaign that requires me to fly to exotic destinations to produce it.



Dave, one of the creatives behind this campaign (who is featured in the video) and his amazing Italian wife hosted the end-of-quarter party for all the greenhousers and 8th quarters. It was pretty much the best food and wine I've ever tasted! Bruschetta, soup, mozarella balls, portabello salad, specially made vegetarian lasagna for me and the other 2 vegetarians present, red wine from Italy and melt in your mouth tiramisu. OMG I am drooling just thinking about it again. They were such great hosts and helped make last saturday the best night I've had here in Boulder! :)

I also can't wait to go to the annual craziness that is the Crispin Christmas Party. Here's the cute invite email I got:

After you apply your makeup, don your cape, and put your underwear on the outside of your tights for the superhero holiday party, grab a paper bag. Fill it with canned goods and bring it to the party. Times are tough right now and it is a very good time to be a hero. Bring at least one can of food per person (suggested donation).

So excited! Can't wait to dress up!

No comments: