Saturday, May 30, 2009

Just 'Do It

I finally forced myself into a new look for my locks. The hair has looked like soggy spaghetti long enough. I didn't know exactly what I wanted, but I knew I wanted it shorter and more textured. Thanks to my account planner last quarter, and the fact that I could go there immediately and impulsively, I decided to check out the Aveda concept salon down the street.

I was placed in the magical hands of Mark. I expressed my deep-seeded fear of scissors and he said he could make it different, but not drastic, because "he's not into crying clients." LoL. I guess you can always cut more off easier than you can put it back. Turns out he does a bunch of peoples' hair here that work at Crispin.
Anyways, his inspiration was this chick from Gossip Girl. I've never seen the show, but I'm guessing this is her:



So here's the before and after:



There's a lot of super-short layers on top and he used this powder stuff called pure abundance hair potion to give it body and texture. The stuff is so good that the place was sold out and i have to go back next week to buy some.


Definitely happy with this hair; beachy blonde, low maintenance and it more matches the nosering. :)



Maybe I'll even get brave enough to cut off a couple more inches or play with the color...

2 comments:

mingmui said...

very nice! it looks like a nice lift/refresher and i'm sure it's a relief to get a trip too! yay! i am a big fan of the layered look! :D

Anonymous said...

Love the 'cut. Why not cut another inch or 2 off? That way you can see if you like it, and it'll just grow back anyway.

Maybe now you won't get Fashion Citations, haha.