Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Let's Learn Something New

Reflexology






Basically it's somewhere between massage and medicine in which you apply pressure to different parts of the feet (and sometimes the hands) to release tension in other parts of the body. I bought a book about it, which got packed up when I left Miami last year and is stashed at home in a box somewhere.
I've always liked giving and getting massages. (Hey, these manhands have to be good for something!) And feet don't really bother me. Well, as long as they look and smell normal and not hairy like hobbit feet and are relatively clean. I knew this kid in high school with a couple of gnarly toes that were all askew. That kind of freaked me out.

Feng Shui



Since we are officially moving to the new office soon, a couple people have brought up the idea of "feng shui-ing" our new space. I've always been curious about it since I like Asian interior design with minimalism and clean lines and things. I can't wait to get a semi-permanent place to decorate after I graduate next month! Maybe I'll practice with this Feng Shui Flash game I found...



Exercise & Nutrition

I try to be healthy. But there's so many different health food fads and a new infomercial for a magical piece of exercise equipment every time I watch TV. I think Livestrong.com is a pretty good site but the amount of info is overwhelming. (I recommend it for tracking weight and calorie intake). And I don't care what anyone says. I want a Wii Fit!!!



One thing I mostly believe in is Skinny Bitch, which I've posted about a few times before. SAWEEEET! They have a new motivational book out! I'm gonna look into it because their first book motivated me to go veggie. Here's a little preview:



* Quit crying in a corner ‘cause your boyfriend dumped you; you know he was a lame lay, anyway. Bask in the glory of being single for a while! (That doesn’t mean sluttin’ it up with every guy you meet.)
* Whatever you’ve been dying to do or try but have been too scared—today is the day! Carpe diem, bitches! Carpe diem! This ain’t no dress rehearsal!
* You spend eight hours a day, five days a week at your job…and you hate it? Quit, bitch! Life is short and time is precious!


Let's go ahead and throw 'cooking' on this list too, because my culinary expertise doesn't extend much past the microwave. Although, I'd rather just find a boy who's into all that fancy food making...



MMM... most delicious is his accent!

1 comment:

mingmui said...

ooo...massages sound lovely!
and yes, you've recommended that book a few times. i checked it out briefly as a result at a bookstore and read a few pages.

oh...and as an asian, i think feng shui is a load of crap. i don't know anyone who does it...okay, maybe some ppl in the older generations. but seriously...
decorate how you see fit, not what some list tells you to do.