Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Funtastic!

Can I reiterate how excited I am to be going into such an innovative industry? When people ask me what I do I'm gonna say "I'm in the idea business."

Like Bugosky says "Figure out what you like to do best in the world of marketing and forget the rest. Focus your energy in those areas and develop your own philosophies. We’re all making it up as we go along. Nobody knows anymore or any better than you do so tap into that personal passion. And if it’s not fun, figure out why and change it."

I've had so much fun at the Lincoln Road office the past two days and I can't wait for us to move there for good next week.

So moving on to some cool stuff I've seen lately that is competing to go to Cannes. First is a Future Lions idea submitted by my friends Ronney and Eric. Sick idea for fusing video and photo in several digital-scapes.

Flip Fuse from Eric Roller on Vimeo.



I also checked out the banner blog today and thought it was cool that they are endorsing some of the student-made videos for the 48 hour brief I mentioned a few posts ago.



This one is so simple, yet so innovative. I'm surprised I didn't think of it. Even if I had, I wouldn't know how to make it interactive like this:



The only thing that bothers me about it is that they have a pause button flashing instead of a stop button. And it should link to the online petition, not the contest itself. But the kids that came up with this one get mad props nonetheless.

Also, thanks to MM, I found out about the CP+B Hero Factory. So of course I had to make one. Kinda resembles my superhero self at their Christmas party last year, lol.



2 comments:

mingmui said...

you're amazing. i have always thought that super hero pic of you kicks some serious butt!
i wasn't sure if you'd blogged about the hero factory before (i think i made a small note to you in my blogg). i'm glad you had fun. :D

Anonymous said...

I like the Flip Fuse idea. Didn't think I would at 1st. Give Ronney and Eric my props.

It seems like a personalized Google Street View. Lots of possibilities, especially with tagging and incorporated advertising.

I'd like to see this go far...if not be rewarded somehow, if not at Cannes. I'm going to pass it along for sure, it's too cool to keep quiet.