Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Coffee Copy

So having an internship is a lot alike and lot different from school at the same time. It's the same in that I still have homework. Which I am hopefully finishing soon. It's different in the fact that you have a ton more restrictions, i.e. clients, superiors, budgets, brand guidelines, etc. And the fact that I have to get up way earlier, commute, and am at an office all day... which reminds me that I still need to decorate my cubicle.

Anyways, I have a ton of stuff I've been meaning to post but haven't had the time. I don't even really have time now, but I don't want to disappoint my fan(s?). Do I have more than one? LoL

Here are some cool long copy ads for the Ugly Mug Coffee Co. Cute Name, and I like the gritty, earthy design. Everything fits together like a puzzle. It's like Starbucks for hippies and non-pretentious college students.







On the way back to the beach today, I was rocking out to this new song called Something in your Mouth. The lyrics are oh so suggestive yet hilarious and I thought it was Theory of a Deadman at first, but it turned out to be Nickelback. I hate to admit that I still kind of liked it. Ahh!

I also recently heard the Black Eyed Peas' new track, Boom, Boom, Pow. A hybrid of hip hop and techno? I bet this song is super popular in Europe. "I'm so 3000 and 8, you're so 2000 and late." LMAO It makes me think of the matrix mixed with cirque du soleil on acid and appears to be an extended commercial for HP.

3 comments:

mingmui said...

you totally have more than one fan!

btw, i am a big fan of theory of a deadman too. woot! the whole nickelback album is suggestive i think. hmmm....

yay for internship!

Anonymous said...

By "a ton more restrictions," I hope you mean, ya know, reality. MAS was nice because you get to open your mind. But at the same time, with no restrictions, you don't get used to being creative inside of a box. So it's good that your internship is honing your skills like that.

I also heard the Nickleback song. I also thought it wasn't them. Weird.....and yet, oh so good.

Miranda said...

Ha ha yea it is the real world. Might as well get used to it now. I'm thiiiis close to getting something produced, so yay! :)