Saturday, April 4, 2009

Music Mess

My credit card hasn't had a workout in a while, so I couldn't resist when I had to head out to Dadeland Mall for a Genius Bar appointment. Most of the damage was done at Sephora, Abercrombie and Macy's.

I got grabbed walking through the middle of Macy's make-up land by the Benefit beauticians and got a "free" cosmetic consultation, or cosmetation (b/c I like to make up words). I really like some of the packaging design, each one is different and reflects the mood of the product. However, the "beauty book" publication they gave me was ironically ugly.


(This photoshop fairytale does not have a happy ending.)


Anyways, driving back to the beach I continued my quest for a decent radio station to listen to. About half of them aren't in English, so those are out. A bunch are like R&B babymaking music, and that's not happening in my car, literally or figuratively. So that leaves the 80's and light rock stations, which I maybe like 1 out of every 7 songs played and the Pop Station which is the most decent of the ones I've discovered but still hit or miss.

Today was mostly misses. There are some songs that trigger my gag reflex and I have to switch the station hastily before I asphyxiate. So please remember never to play any of these in my presence.



"Strumming My Pain" by the Fugees. Bleh- starting to cough just typing it.
"Not Gonna write you a Love Song" by Sara Barealleslalasses
"Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White Tees
"Your Body is a Wonderland" by John Mayer. Actually, I hate anything by John Mayer. And anything that sounds like John Mayer. What a douche.
Anything by the Donnas. or that Michelle Branch chick. Not to be a traitor to my gender, but there are very few girls that can be legit rock stars.
"Sitting, Waiting, Wishing" by Jack Johnson. Keep it at the coffeehouse, buddy.
"These Words" and "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield (Although she's really pretty and I like her style)

Oh, and Britney Spears' latest release "If You Seek Amy" is possibly one of the worst songs ever written/recorded. However, that did not keep me from downloading it anyways. If you're in a musically masochistic mood, here's a link to the video. How surprising, more "orgyography" (choreography that reminds me of a massive orgy).




Other than all that, I'm pretty eclectic. LoL.

Now it's time to pop a few painkillers and hit the couch to tune in for a Tarheels victory!!!

3 comments:

Julio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julio said...

Hahaha aren't you glad you have a car now...and for your information Miami radio stations are only allowed to play the same 5 songs on a loop every hour (or at least that's the only reason I can fathom for why "Heartless" is on so many times).

mingmui said...

your post was hilarious!
a lot of the songs that you hated, i hate too.
strumming my pain (ughhh!! about a boy makes this bearable/laughable tho), not gonna write you a love song (i HATE this song...i like some of her other pieces, including 'gravity'...but this one gets on my nerves so much).
hey there delilah.
your body is a wonderland. i hated this song much of my life. it just sounds so....ugh. but a certain boy made me revisit it. then i went into a weird john mayer kick (i know, something is wrong with my head, huh?) and played it. now i tolerate him.
jack johnson makes me fall asleep. i hate the curious george song he did.
and i used to hate natasha bedingfield with a passion until my friend played it on repeat on a LONG roadtrip. i've learned to love those two songs. but respect the fact that you hate them.

btw, i didn't know that 'day and night' was about drugs! guess i never listened to the lyrics close enough.