Sunday, November 16, 2008

Campaign for Color

Ok pink is for breast cancer awareness, yellow is for Lance Armstrong/Livestrong, red is for AIDS. Colors keep getting branded, and now Yahoo is attempting to claim the color purple.



I went to the website and it's kind of interesting and very interactive, but I don't see much of a point. According to Yahoo, the idea behind their purple campaign is "[to embrace] individuality, fashion, style, art and personality."

The campaign's official theme song "Start Wearing Purple" by Gogol Bordello. This guy is totally a musical version of Borat.


Co-branded with Flickr and Electra, the Purple Pedals Project chronicles the life of a camera-mounted bikes which post pictures from their point-of-view every 60 seconds.



Maybe eventually people will associate purple and Yahoo, but I don't think it's reached the success of the aforementioned spectrum. I guess they're trying to compete with the behemoth creature that is Google.

Still, I might try to throw on a purple shirt tomorrow or something. Do I even own a purple shirt?

No comments: