Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Thankful For...

...yummy meat alternatives, as elusive as they may be. I still haven't been able to find a Tofurkey to take to my uncle and his girlfriend's Thanksgiving dinner in Wyoming tomorrow.


The animal-friendly entree is made by Turtle Island Foods, which has been "providing premium quality soy products at affordable prices since 1980." I eat the deli slices and they really are delish.

I guess I'll try one more time to find one today. Hopefully they're not sold out. I dont think they are THAT popular, but it's Boulder so you never know.


Look how much more fun it is than eating a dead bird :) LoL

UPDATE: Friday, November 28, 6:50 PM:
Success! I bought my Tofurkey roast and gravy at Whole Foods on Wednesday. Molly helped me cook it and I had a great time yesterday. I thought I would get made fun of more on a ranch, whose livestock includes cattle, but everyone was really curious and wanted to try it. Some people even admitted to liking it. Score!

No comments: