Friday, November 21, 2008

Live Stronger

So recently I've been trying to rid myself of those few pesky pounds I gained in Europe. It's hard to do it on your own. But now I have Lance Armstrong helping me out. Well, sort of. I rediscovered the Livestrong website and found tons of nifty gadgets that help you lose weight, get in shape, eat right, etc.



The Daily Plate lets you track your meals online or on your iPhone. It's so easy, you just type in what you ate in the search bar and records all the nutritional info in your food diary. You can also keep track of your exercise and mood. It works pretty well for me because I'm less likely to eat something unhealthy if I have to write it down and look at it again later.



There is also a weight tracker, but there's no way I'm posting a screen cap of that so everyone can see how much i weigh! However, I will tell you I've lost over 5 pounds in the last couple weeks. :)



There's a few other interesting features. You can bookmark your favorite articles, issue or take on 'dares' (i.e. I dare you to lose 10 pounds by Christmas) and the site rewards you with badges for little milestones. I think if I keep up with it I am going to be healthier and happier. Then again its one more thing added to the list of facebook, email, blogger and twitter, that keeps me attached to my mac.

1 comment:

mingmui said...

woot woot! congrats on the -5 #s!