Monday, November 24, 2008

Where's My Package?

Last Tuesday my Young Guns creative brief entry was finally done, printed and mounted. The final step in the process was to mail it to Australia, in less than 4 days.

Good old FedEx came through. It's the first time I really used their online package tracker and it's pretty cool. According to it, my package got their on time, for the hefty price of $116.



It's another reminder that price and time and inversely related. You spend more time to save money or spend more money to save time.

(Sidenote: The YG shortlists are supposed to be up November 30, but honestly I'm not expecting much. I liked my core idea, but I don't think I had enough time to perfect it).

FedEx usually has pretty funny commercials:






Here's their 2008 superbowl commercial. It's funny but 'eh.' Superbowl commercial status just isn't what it used to be.


I assume these were all created by BBDO New York because according to this article, FedEx has been their client for almost 20 years.

No comments: